We are a growing company looking for high energy people.
The Purchasing/Buyer position is responsible for coordinating activities involved with procuring and timely delivery of goods and services, such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts and supplies for the company. Maintains manual or computerized procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories. This is a full time position.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Utilizes all available sources including catalogs, commerce publications and directories, internet, etc. in order to find the right suppliers
- Extensive knowledge and ability to negotiate best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements.
- Communicates with vendors on all purchase orders.
- Prepares purchase orders for bid requests.
- Reviews order status and contacts vendors to find out status of an order.
- Utilizes Lokring Supplier Quality Manual to evaluate suppliers based on cost, quality, service, availability, and reliability.
- Coordinates supplier audits and selection, through the use of the Lokring Supplier Quality Manual, to assure a robust supply chain.
- Contacts vendors with discrepancies regarding quantity and/or quality.
- Manages Lokring Inventory Cycle Counting process specified in Lokring Inventory Policy. Reports results.
- Manages stock obsolescence section of Lokring Inventory Policy.
- Manages raw material and supply inventories through Macola computer information system to insure proper stocking levels and on-time delivery of material to each department.
- Participates in physical inventory.
- Assisting other departments when it is required.
- Good communication skills
- Good phone skills and a pleasant manner
- Solid product knowledge
- Minimum two years purchasing related experience or have demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above-mentioned tasks
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Prior experience in Materials Management and Inventory Control
- Strong computer skills (ERP/MRP, Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Background in Steel (bar and pipe) purchasing
- Experience with MRP and Inventory Control concepts
- Knowledge of Macola ERP Software and/or Crystal Reports
Lokring is an Equal Opportunity Employer
LOKRING Technology is dedicated to the relentless pursuit of perfection in understanding and satisfying the industry’s fluid and gas connection requirements. Using state-of-the-art computer aided technology, LOKRING designs and produces the most advanced fluid and gas transfer connectors on the market today.
Through the commitment of our global distribution network as well as our local and international factory teams, we are enjoying significant growth. For the right individual, LOKRING represents limitless potential for personal and professional development.
We invite you to consider joining the LOKRING team!