Multiple Locations within the Continental United States
The Lokring Exclusive Distributor is an enthusiastic self-motivated entrepreneur who is responsible for the sustained growth of the Lokring product line in his assigned exclusive sales and service area by building a stable and profitable business from scratch. A degree of existing business may or may not be already established.
- Develop and implement strategies to advance the promotion and growth of Lokring product sales within his assigned service area whilst also following the overall strategic sales plan set by Lokring. This will also involve Industry and Market diversification.
- Continuously increase the number of active customers through aggressive customer and prospect solicitation, personal sales calls, and product demonstrations whilst providing an increase in existing customer penetration and sales growth.
- Develop and implement a stocking policy proportionate to sales and market profile.
- Establish appropriate premises as and when sales, stock and profitability dictate.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop and lead internal person(s) to provide customer service and order processing within proportional financial abilities of the distributorship.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop and lead a high performing outside sales force to grow the business within proportional financial abilities of the distributorship.
- Insure organizational efficiency, quality customer service and cost effective management of resources by recruiting, hiring and training and developing inside staff, adequate to the growing needs of the business.
- Insure compliance with legal/ethical standards through accountability and leading by example.
- Approve and implement operational procedures, policies and standards.
- Monitor activity and prepare financial statements to assure progress in attaining objectives, revise plans as needed to address current conditions.
- Evaluate employee performance for attaining company and individual objectives. Assess compliance with established policies and objectives.
- Develop capable leadership within the company to meet current and future needs.
Promote a culture that reflects the company’s values of encouraging strong performance and rewarding productivity.
Communicate regularly, appropriately and efficiently with employees, customers and Lokring staff at all levels.
Desired Attitude, Knowledge and Skills
- Proven industrial distribution sales and management experience with technical competency in piping, process, welding and / or fluid systems would be a considered a plus.
- Technically competent and an ability to converse with Professional Engineers and similar level of clientele.
- Proven record in industrial sales, market development and sales management.
- Track record in successful Recruitment
- Strong organizational ability
- Hard working and a burning desire to succeed.
- Ability in problem solving and working alone (and as part of an overall team)
- Professional presentation and public speaking skills
- Strategic planning development and execution
- Skill in evaluating and adapting plans, procedures and policies
- Understanding of and implementation of financial plans
- Written and verbal skills to facilitate excellent communications with employees, customers, Lokring management and industry organizations
- Executive level interpersonal skills
- Simultaneous project management
- Culture building including motivating employees and maintaining a professional and cohesive work environment
- Considerable amount of travel and work a flexible schedule
- Anticipating and resolving employee and customer issues
The distributor reports to designated Lokring management
College degree or Technical Qualification required. MBA or other management-oriented advanced degree would be considered a strong advantage for fulfilling the requirements of the position. In addition, the successful candidate will demonstrate a behavior pattern of continuous learning and professional development.