Primary responsibilities include performing inspections based upon established quality requirements and specifications, determining acceptance or rejection, and documenting those inspection results accordingly.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Determines material conformance to established quality specification and requirements.
- Documents inspection results by completing quality logs and summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database.
- Keeps measurement equipment operational by following operating instructions; advises supervisor of malfunctioning equipment.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Works with interdepartmental groups (e.g. Engineering, Manufacturing, Production, Purchasing and Customer Service), as well as, our supplier base in resolving product conformity issues.
- Reports and provides feedback to the Quality Manager on the performance of the quality system as a means of a general review or as a basis for improvement of the quality system.
- Makes efforts to achieve and keep certification to the quality standards of ISO 9001 as well as other certificates and standards.
- Perform dimensional plate layout as required.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates as a member in interdepartmental projects/tasks by providing status/update reports specific to Quality.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures.
- Analytical – the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information
- Problem Solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Oral communication – the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings
- Judgment – the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions
- Planning/Organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
- Experience in an ISO quality environment. Strong analytical and communication skills required. An attention to detail and appreciation of deadlines is essential.
- This position requires the ability to meet deadlines. The ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize their importance as required.
- 2 year technical degree or equivalent work experience
- Practical quality systems and gaging experience
- Computer software (e.g. Windows, Excel, Word, Access, Outlook)
Systems: ISO 9000, Lean Manufacturing principals, 5-S (Quality Program), Kaizan, KanBan (recommended that they have at least been exposed to these concepts)
- Problem solving abilities
- ASQ Certification (preferred)
- Level II Certification (preferred)