- Tamper proof; the Lokring fitting is designed as a permanent joint.
- Risk of fire or explosion due to hot work is eliminated.
- No fumes or smoke are produced, eliminating the need for special ventilation and creating a safer environment particularly in confined spaces.
- No hazardous materials are used in the process, created by the process or required to be disposed of after the process is complete.
- No welding or grinding is required thus reducing the potential for injuries.
- Fabrication of piping systems utilizing Lokring fittings are “intrinsically” safe since no torches, open flames or sparks are associated with installation or maintenance.
- Install and inspect marks provide post-installation quality control through visual verification of installers’ work.
- Joint reliability is “machined into” and not reliant on the skill or “touch” of the welder/brazer.
- The position and the presence of liquids (e.g. oil, fuel or water) do not affect the joint quality.
- Redundant metal-to-metal seals produce a gas-tight connection that is safe for services in fire hazardous areas and systems. The seals will not melt or degrade during fire.
- Installation is a “cold work” process thus eliminating the heat affected zone and the deteriorated metallurgical properties associated with such zones.
- Rework is drastically reduced or eliminated.
- Gas-freeing tanks and spaces are not required.
- Installation times are a fraction of that required by conventional methods.
- No hot work means no running chits, no fire watches and no disruption from events that stop hot work (e.g. ammo loading, painting, hot oil flushes, fuel spills, etc.).
- Fittings may be installed in a system that is not or cannot be thoroughly drained and dried.
- Joint inspection is visual only; no NDT is required!
- Minimum training and qualification requirements reduce time off of the job and training costs.
- Flushing requirements from brazing or welding are completely eliminated.
- Inter-trade disruption is reduced.
- Damages to surrounding wiring, tile, equipment and painted surfaces are eliminated.
- Reduced installation times result in schedule flexibility and lower installed costs.
Lower Installed Costs
- A combination of productivity and reliability, coupled with low overhead and low rework, result in lower overall installed cost and accelerated job completion.
Improved Productivity and Job Scheduling
- Lokring fittings can be consistently installed in the field at a rate of approximately 10 times faster than equivalent weld connections.
- Lokring fittings can be installed in any weather conditions, indoors or outdoors, with no loss of productivity.
- Eliminates or significantly reduces welding-related costs such as hot work permits, the building of weld boxes, welder availability, and plant downtime.
- Eliminates the need to purge (“gas free”) process lines as required for hot work.
Repeatable, Reliable Connections
- The Lokring fitting requires only a minimum of skill to install and maintain a leak-free system the first time.
- The quality of the system is “designed into” the fitting – independent of the installer.
- Your authorized Lokring representative, Lokring Technology, and our Limited Lifetime Warranty stand behind every Lokring connection.
Easy Access – Closed Space Pipe Runs
- Compact, lightweight hydraulic installation tools require only one-plane of access on fitting application.
- Closely spaced pipe runs can be fabricated or repaired using Lokring fittings. A 2-inch NPS pipe can be run on as little as 3 ½ inch centers.
Low Overhead – Tooling is Inexpensive
- Tooling is inexpensive and lightweight, power requirements are minimal; no need for pipe threading, purging, flushing or welding equipment.
- Field fabrication greatly reduces the need for expensive isometric drawings and shop pre-fabrication expenses.
Low Rework – Less than 0.1 %
- Repairs with the Lokring through-bore designs are as simple as cut, slip fitting over pipe, and seal!
- Historical rework rates for Lokring fittings are less than 0.1 % of all installations compared to 5 to 10 % for welded installations.
- Zero contamination in the tube or pipe connections eliminates flushing requirements.