Gas-Tight, Permanent Seal
The unique metal-to-metal seal of the LOKRING® connection provides extraordinary sealing
integrity in both liquid and gas services. Unlike other mechanically attached fittings, there are no elastomeric or rubber seals, O-rings or gaskets which can degrade and leak over time from chemical attack, fire, vibration, temperature cycling, cold flow or loss of elasticity.
As a result, fugitive emissions typical of leak-prone screwed or flanged connectors are eliminated.
Helium Leak Tight
No other connector (flanged or threaded) is capable of passing helium leak testing anywhere close to the level of a LOKRING® fitting. In fact, the fitting meets all criteria of a welded connection, except that heat is not required to make the connection. The quality of a LOKRING®connection has been recognized by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) by granting LOKRING® pre-certification status through executive order G-096-029-033 which gives LOKRING® equivalent to welded status.
Local Lokring Sales and Service centers can provide training on installing Lokring fittings.
NO WELDS, NO FLANGES, NO THREADS, NO LEAKS!
By eliminating welding, many overhead costs relating to safety, personnel, equipment and supplies, inspection, rework, and monitoring can be eliminated or substantially reduced including:
- Obtain fire permit for hot work
- Erect scaffolding and provide ventilation
- “Sniff” area, gas free, and weather protect
- Blank flanges and nozzles
- Establish fire watch
- Build fire box or tarps
- Drain, flush, and dry lines
- Cranes, welders, grinders, and small tools
- Weld consumables (purge gas and filler rod)
- Workers’ compensation, insurance, and benefits
- Weld X-ray or other NDT
- Rework of damaged or misaligned spools
- System soak, flush, or passivation; HAZMAT disposal’
- Maintain and monitor flanges for leakage
In addition, scarce ASME-certified welders are freed up for large-bore pipe or pressure vessel welding. By choosing Lokring, the combination of greater productivity and lower manhour rates can translate into significant cost savings.