Responsible for producing precision components in a manufacturing environment utilizing CNC lathe/mills and /or machining center equipment. Uses prescribed manufacturing methods and forms and follows work instructions to create finished product from raw material such as; stainless steel, carbon steel, brass and copper nickel. Other responsibilities include inspection of machined components per defined acceptance criteria and specifications. Performs various types of finishing operations per manufacturing drawings, specifications, or other forms of work instructions while maintaining quality, safety standards and keeping records and maintaining equipment. Displays a general understanding of machine operation, safety guidelines and a working knowledge of machining principles.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Studies and interprets mechanical drawings and utilizes conventional and precision measuring instruments to machine precision components.
- Utilizes hand tools for finishing operations.
- Responsible for machine and conveyor operations, loading of raw material and machine shutdown.
- Makes routine changes and adjustments to tooling and fixtures.
- Meets or surpasses production targets.
- Conducts work and behavior in a manner representing the Lokring safety and housekeeping standards.
- Maintains equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Performs simple commands on the control panel.
- Inspects machined components visually and dimensionally according to quality standards and/or prescribed inspection criteria (Lokring Control Chart).
- Can perform a complete setup with some assistance.
- Generate and modify speeds and feeds as required.
- Respond to program alarms and make adjustments or notify supervisor as required.
- Clean chips from tooling, machine areas and part.
- Operate CNC that includes loading bar stock and unloading parts in a safe and efficient manner.
- Read work instruction and maintain production records.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly machine maintenance.
- Identify and correct machining or non-conformance issues relative to tools and tool holders, collets and chucks.
- Maintain material, tooling & fixtures at work center.
- Recognize and report any malfunctions and/or part discrepancies to supervisor.
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Capable of completing all work skills (Ref. Machining Work Skill Sheet).
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Good communication skills.
- Detail Oriented.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- General computer knowledge with MS Windows applications.
- Strong technical aptitude with good problem solving skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient at interpretation of mechanical drawings.
- One year or more of experience on CNC lathes and/or mills with small-part, mid volume lot size machining.
- Understanding of metal properties and appropriate cutting tools.
- Working knowledge of gages, comparator, micrometers, calipers, 6” rule, ring and plug gages.
- Basic shop math.
- Own or willing to purchase micrometers, calipers and had tools.
- High attention to detail and ability to follow directions.
- Ability to work independently and take direction from supervisor.
- Strong aptitude with numbers and figures.
- Ability to read blue prints and or work orders.
- Experience operating Mazak, Okuma, or Fanuc Controlled Machines.
- Experience in basic tool changes, offsets, and troubleshooting techniques
- The ability to use contour measuring instruments
Day – Mon-Fri (7:00 am to 3:30 pm)
Night – Mon-Thurs (3:30 pm to 2:00 am)