Produce precision components in a manufacturing environment utilizing CNC lathes (turning), mills and /or machining center equipment creating a finished product from raw material such as: stainless steel, carbon steel, brass, and copper nickel. Performs inspection of machined components per defined acceptance criteria and specifications.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to operate CNC machines that includes loading bar stock and unloading parts in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to make advanced changes and adjustments to tooling offsets, fixtures, and perishable tool changes without guidance
- Perform complex commands on the control panel
- Make programming changes to machines in collaboration with CNC Programmer
- Inspect machined components visually and dimensionally according to quality standards and/or prescribed inspection criteria
- Identify and correct machining or non-conformance issues relative to tools and tool holders, collets, and chucks
- Perform basic machine setup
- Inspect equipment, tools, and machinery regularly. Perform daily, weekly, and monthly machine maintenance. Recognize and report any malfunctions and/or part discrepancies as appropriate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Will consider a combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years experience operating CNC machinery
- Prior experience operating Okuma, Mazak, Fanuc controls, Index CNC Multi-Spindle a plus
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and schematics
- Ability to use measuring instruments (i.e., micrometers, calipers)
- Intermediate math skills
REQUIRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- CNC Technology Certification preferred
- CNC Machining Certification preferred
Lokring is an Equal Opportunity Employer