Are you looking for a change? Do you have high energy? Then we want you!
This CNC Set-up position requires experience and strong skills doing set-ups on CNC mills.
Setting up our various jobs will include fixturing and program editing to produce precision components in a manufacturing environment. Adhere to strict machining standards and follow all company quality and safety standards. Provide all initial set-up operations required to run production. Offer value added input in first run production processes to increase output efficiencies and reach quality and production rate outputs. Assist in the training and mentoring of associates. Full time position.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plan set-up by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpret geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Set-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting tools, attachments, fixturing, indicating vices. Loads stock into position.
- Program machines by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; and proving part programs.
- Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Attend and participate in scheduled production start-up meetings
- High School diploma or equivalent. Will consider a combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of set-up experience on CNC mills, machining centers and 5+ years of experience operating same.
- Prior experience in the operation and/or set-up of Okuma, Mazak, Fanuc controls, Index CNC Multi-Spindle a plus
- Must have a thorough understanding of machine operation, machining, and set-up principles
- Ability to write in G Code and have experience with diverse part creation
- Understanding of metal properties, including stainless steel, carbon steel, brass and copper nickel, and appropriate cutting tools.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities and ability to determine the best approach to product creation
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and schematics
- Working knowledge of gages, comparator, micrometers, calipers, 6” rule, ring and plug gages
- Strong math skills including geometric and trigonometric principles
- Good communication skills
- Basic computer entry. Prior experience with an ERP system helpful.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Experience in an ISO quality environment helpful
REQUIRED LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
- CNC Technology Certification preferred
- CNC Machining Certification preferred
Lokring is an Equal Opportunity Employer
LOKRING Technology is dedicated to the relentless pursuit of perfection in understanding and satisfying the industry’s fluid and gas connection requirements. Using state-of-the-art computer aided technology, LOKRING designs and produces the most advanced fluid and gas transfer connectors on the market today.
Through the commitment of our global distribution network as well as our local and international factory teams, we are enjoying significant growth. For the right individual, LOKRING represents limitless potential for personal and professional development.
We invite you to consider joining the LOKRING team!